The Brookville Building & Savings Association was chartered on February 28, 1903 to serve the various savings and credit needs of individuals, businesses, and organizations in our community. At that time, Brookville was the largest and most active business center in Clay Township. Brookville Building & Savings was founded as what was called then a “money business”, helping the community with “fair loans” and to help those desiring to build or deposit small weekly savings. David E. Williamson was the bank’s first President, along with John Mills as the Assistant Secretary, and Albert Dunkel as Treasurer.
The original branch was located on Walnut Street, Brookville Ohio. It moved to Market Street in what is now known as the Candy Break. In 1968 Brookville Building and Savings moved to its present address at 510 Arlington Road. The Brookville Branch completed a complete renovation in 1995.
Brookville Building and Savings opened a branch office in Lewisburg Ohio in 1977, at its present location of 721 South Commerce Street. The branch was completely remodeled in 1997.
Brookville Building and Savings offers personal and business checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, IRA accounts, consumer and small business loans, ATM/Debit cards, security lock boxes, and online banking. In addition, we also offer mortgages for both purchase and refinance, as well as for new home construction. All delivered in a home-town friendly atmosphere.